In honor of the fall season, we're sharing with you an easy and delicious recipe: Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle. A tasty treat that serves 20 people and only takes 40 mins to make plus chilling time.
- 2 packages (14-1/2 ounces each) gingerbread cake/cookie mix
- 1 package (4.6 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (29 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare and bake gingerbread mixes according to package directions for cake. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, prepare pudding mix according to package directions. Stir in brown sugar and pumpkin; cool completely.
- Crumble half of the gingerbread into a 4-qt. glass bowl; press down gently. Layer gingerbread with half of the pudding mixture and half of the whipped topping; repeat layers. Refrigerate, covered, overnight before serving. Yield: 20 servings (about 1 cup each)
Recipe and photo courtesy of TasteofHome.