- 18-inch-diameter, 8-inch-deep pot
- Cactus mix potting soil, small bag
- Five fist-size rocks
- Dwarf Euphorbia milii (half gallon)
- 25 succulent cuttings, assorted
- Crushed black lava rock
- White pumice (to go under blue tumbled glass)
Fill the pot nearly to the top with cactus mix potting soil (sold at any nursery or garden center)
Slightly off-center, strew an odd number (three or five) fist-size rocks to suggest natural terrain.
Add a high plant, also off-center, such as a dwarf Euphorbia milii cultivar.
Tuck in small rooted succulents and cuttings so they appear to have grown among the rocks. Vary the plant colors and textures, and arrange so no soil shows.