Tomatoes are a summer superstar. Enjoy them in a refreshing salad or simply sliced. Sweet peach dressing amps up the deliciousness in this summer salad from Cooking Light Magazine.
- 1 cup Peach Dressing
- 1 medium English cucumber
- 2 pounds multicolored heirloom tomatoes, cored and cut into 1/3-in.-thick slices
- 3/4 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup small basil leaves, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place Peach Dressing in a large bowl. Peel cucumber at 1/2-inch intervals, leaving some strips of peel; halve lengthwise. Remove seeds, and slice diagonally. Add cucumber, tomatoes, onion, 1/4 cup basil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to dressing. Toss well; let stand 3 minutes.
- Arrange salad on a platter; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 cup basil and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.